Friday, February 18, 2011

The Agenda

Last week a family member came to me and asked if I wanted to go on a road trip. Of course, the answer was yes, but interestingly enough we chose to go to Washington, D.C.! I thought this was going to be perfect since I was working on this blog. It would give me the chance not only to act as the observer, but also add a critical eye from the techniques learned in school. So far here's the list of things we are planning on seeing: The Library of Congress; The National Portrait Gallery; The National Botanical Garden; The American History Museum; The Natural History Museum; the International Spy Museum; Mount Vernon (day trip); the Capitol; and the Smithsonian Castle.

The two things I most want to see are the 26 foot squid at Natural History Museum and the Hope Diamond in its new setting also at the same museum. I think it's pretty interesting that the Smithsonian decided to change its setting for a short period of time. With all the history behind it and the curse surrounding it, I can't wait to see what the re-invented piece looks like!

What my intentions are for this blog are: experience first hand the exhibits that catch my eye while in Washington this weekend, and then do research on it. For example, I wanted to create a digital story for the Hope Diamond, including its history, its mysterious rumors and how the setting changed even if only temporary. By actually going to these places, I could incorporate video as well as images and narration from tour guides.

I will be sure to post pics as soon as I can and am looking forward to creating a digital story on this weekend adventure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment